Dealkalizers & Desilicizers
Wigen is among a select few that still design and manufacture dealkalizers and desilicizers. In many instances, RO and NF technology provide a better return on investment than anion exchange systems for boiler feed water applications. However, there are still cases where dealkalizers and desilicizers make more sense than using membranes. Typically, this is when space is a premium, an existing water softener is in place and not large enough to handle the required membrane feed flow or silica concentrations are higher than antiscalant chemicals can handle.
When operated in the chloride cycle with the addition of sodium hydroxide, dealkalizers and desilicizers are relatively efficient at removing alkalinity and silica. In fact, when properly applied, desilicizers can reduce SiO2 levels by up to 90%.
- Premium Grade Anion Resins
- Stainless Steel, Epoxy Lined or Reinforced Fiberglass Pressure Vessels
- Full-flow, Non-Clogging Distribution Systems
- Pneumatically Actuated or Motor Driven Valve Configurations
- Adjustable Time Cycle Regeneration Controls
- ASME Code Pressure Vessels
- Specialty Vessel Linings
- U.L. 508A Control Panel Fabrication
- Allen-Bradley® PLC/HMI Controls
- Skid Mounted Packages
- Heated Caustic Feed Systems
- Low Flow Recirculation Systems
- Brine Guard™ Filtration Systems